If you know Python, love to play with codes, and customize an application according to yourself, you will love the Termux APK. Ibrahim Ahmed developed this application, and he is well known to help his users to code their extensive Linux code easily.
The android application is free to download and use for anyone. It allows the users to develop the c with clang as per their preference. However, it’s not for everyone, and you will need a little bit of coding knowledge to use this app.
Also, have a look at Wiimote Controller APK and iRoot APK.
Also, it’s user-friendly, supports an external keyboard, a free and open code app that is extremely useful for any Linux developer. The app got some amazing features that you would love to use.
Download more tools Apps from our website.
Features of Termux APK:
1. Multiple upgrades
Termux Apk allows you to immediately access the huge library of packages that are available for Linux. These packages are free to install directly from the device.
You can use it as a basic Android terminal emulator or try the upgraded versions. It’s easy and works the best.
2. Free to use
The application is free to download and use. Even it doesn’t come with ads or in-app purchases, that gives you a seamless coding experience that a developer may fall in love with.
You can make any changes to your operating system without paying a penny.
3. It’s user friendly
Most coding applications are hard to use and may become a nightmare. You usually have to take any advice from an expert in such cases. However, this app is extremely user-friendly and navigates you through the process. Anyone with a little bit of coding knowledge can easily work on this app.
4. Extremely safe to use
The app doesn’t ask for unnecessary permissions, making it one of the safest coding applications for anyone to use. You can use their services without fearing for safety and privacy-related concerns.
Also, it’s verified by Play Protect, and even you can directly download it through the play store.
5. The premium version
Although the app doesn’t come with any ads or in-app purchases, they have a premium version that unlocks some powerful features. If you are a beginner, you don’t need a premium version. Also, you won’t face any interruptions or pop-ups in the free version.
6. It’s compatible with external keyboards
Using an in-built keyboard can be annoying as you usually don’t have a habit of using them. That’s why the application supports an external keyboard.
The keyboard you use to send WhatsApp text! The app allows you to use a similar keyboard to write code seamlessly.
7. Easily edit the files
They allow users to edit files with the nano or vim options. Also, they provide an option to use the model-based text editor and the modeless one. Using these features, you can easily edit any number of files.
8. Some other important features include
They allow users are to enjoy the bash and zsh shells. Also, you can access hundreds of servers on ssh.
You get some of the easiest options to check projects on GitHub and even allow users and the developers to use the python console as a pocket calculator.
Reviews of Termux APK:
The application looks power-packed with so many features. To check if these features are working properly, we examined hundreds of reviews posted on multiple websites by the users who used this application.
Surprisingly they got an excellent 4.3-star rating on the play store. Here are some reviews.
- This terminal is surprisingly good and works better than expected.
- Their older version got bugs, and it is highly recommended that you update to v0.118.0 or higher.
- Hands down the best terminal emulator for Android I ever used.
- Not only does it support the standard SSH client, multiple sessions, etc. It also comes with a copy of apt-get (invoked as pkg) with custom PPAs.
- Amazing app. It works exactly like you’d expect a small Linux distro to work. I was able to install Python3 and some other goodies.
- The updates won’t even run. This distribution of Linux add ons is no longer supported.
- They got a newer version on their website but not on the play store; that looks fishy and might be risky to use.
- It was awesome; now it’s a placeholder. Get Aurora Droid or F-Droid and download it if you want to use it.
- Can’t ssh. It says to install OpenSSH and drop bear. Both commands fail. No packages were found.
- The app continuously fails to request appropriate permissions to modify external storage.
By evaluating hundreds of reviews, we found that the app used to be amazing and provided the best experience. However, now it doesn’t work the same way with android 12, and even their play store version is not updated. That’s worth a concern.
Pros and Cons of Termux APK:
We deeply evaluated every aspect of the application and collected these points that will quickly help you to evaluate if the application is worth your time or not.
- Free to download, install and use for anyone.
- Doesn’t come with annoying ads or pop-ups that give you a seamless experience.
- It’s user friendly supports an external keyboard that makes the application easy to use for anyone.
- You don’t need a lot of technical knowledge to use.
- The website has an updated version, but it’s not there on the play store. It looks fishy.
- You will face a lot of lagging issues on Android 12.
- Most users complained about lagging and logout issues while coding.
- It used to be amazing, but you may not get the same experience now.
Conclusion on Termux APK:
Termux is one of the best apps to edit the codes of any Linux app. They got some amazing features that are free to use for anyone, and its user friendly. It is a great app for anyone with a little coding knowledge.
However, they got a few problems like no updates, lagging, and logout issues. But, that’s common with all applications out there. Don’t refrain from using the app because of these few problems.
It’s easy to use and surely worth your time. You can also check more similar apps like TagMo APK and VMOS APK.